Hello wonderful people,
I joined a fellowship at my workplace and we are currently sharing on the fruit of the holy spirit. This week, we were talking about kindness and I thought I would tell you a bit about this beautiful fruit.
What is kindness?
It is being friendly, generous and considerate. Kindness is treating others with care and doing good deeds to them without expecting anything in return. It is loving others…love is kind 🙂
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32.
Forgiving other people is an act of kindness. Just as God sent His son to die for us when we did not even deserve it, we should express the same kindness to other people.
How does being kind to others benefit you?
- It enables you to give to others without expecting anything in return.
- Through kindness you choose to see the good in others.
“If you try a little kindness then you’ll overlook the blindness of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets.” Glen Campbell.
- It gives you the power to forgive others.
- You feel good about yourself. The thought of making an impact on someone’s life through an act of kindness brings about inner joy.
- “Acts of kindness inspire kindness.” If you do something kind to someone, it inspires them to do the same for others.
What are some of the random acts of kindness that we can show to others?
- Be nice to strangers. Smile at them and offer them compliments.
- Do something nice for your schoolmate, co-worker, neighbour or friend.
- Donate to charity. You always have something that you can give out no matter how small.
- Help someone cross the road. It could be a child, an elderly person or even a blind person.
- Hold the door open for other people and always let others go first.
- Be nice to someone who is mean to you.
- Pay bus fare for a stranger.
- Give tips to waiters or waitresses.
- Donate blood. It will save a life.
- Write a heartfelt note to someone who least expects it.
- Offer to buy someone lunch. It might be a friend or a total stranger.
Go on now, reach out and try a little kindness today 🙂