Tag Archive | Indelible

Great is thy Faithfulness

The Lord carried into completion what He began. After a four year journey fulls of ups and downs, I finally graduated from United States International University (USIU). Yes, I am now officially a graduate 🙂 Not by my own doing or anyone’s doing but solely by the grace of God. There is usually an untamed sense of anxiety and excitement as everyone prepares for graduation filled with nostalgic moments for campus days. Graduation for me was a very special occasion, not only because I graduated with first class honors (Magna Cum Laude-3.855/4.0 GPA) and came second in the journalism class, but also because it was an opportunity for me to look back and acknowledge God’s presence in my life. It was by the grace of God that I came this far. He always had my back and even wrote me cheques…oh yeah, He did. Everytime I found myself stuck, He was certainly working behind the scenes for me. And so God, this degree is for you 🙂 We made it. It is by your sufficient grace that this chapter is done 🙂

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

I would like to acknowledge several indelible people that walked with me through this journey.

  • My family you are my rock. My late grandma, Beatrice Munyiva, I also dedicate this degree to you 🙂 You worked really tirelessly and selflessly to ensure that I was in school. Though you are not here now to see how far I have come, I still remain grateful for your indelible support 🙂 I love you shosh 🙂 My grandpa Mr. Samuel Nthenge, you have always been my greatest inspiration, encouraging me to soar up high like the eagle and go beyond the stars. Thank you for being the father I never had 🙂 My brothers-Rufas Muya, thank you for encouraging me to excel in my studies, Davice Marcos, you are not only my brother but my best friend…always encouraging me to step out and be the best. Aunty Rose, thank you for being that ever present mum and for everything you have done for me. My cousin Lynette, thank you for being that sister who always believes in me and inspires me to reach higher grounds. Uncle Steve, your support cannot go unmentioned. May God bless you abundantly.

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

  • USIU financial Aid office-It is because of you that some people like me have pulled through school. Work-study paid 25% of my tuition fees every semester and the Vice Chancellor’s grant catered for another 25%. 50% off every semester could only happen in USIU. Did I mention that I also got an Alumni grant that catered for 30% of my tuition at some point? May God bless such programs that propel individuals like me to their dreams.
  • Higher Educations loans Board, I could never express just how excited I would feel each time I would know that my account has been remitted with funds.
  • Belgium Sponsorship Programme- I am here today because of what this programme has done to my life. Grounding me in the ways of the Lord and granting me financial support, I remain indebted to this good that only God can reward. Teacher Beatrice, Evans, George, Catherine and Maryanne, May God bless you abundantly.

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

  • Mr. Uvyu Mbole-For being my mentor and my friend and always ensuring that I was on track, I can only pray that God will grant you all the good things that life has to offer.May your cup never run dry.
  • Madam Beatrice Gichohi, only God knows how much I am grateful for all the support you accorded me. May God greatly bless you.
  • Stephen Kiseli, Chris Shimba, Mary Thuku, Gerald Maweu, Susan Kagwiria and Johnson Mwangi, you are my other family that I will always be very grateful for 🙂 Thank you for your words of encouragement and guiding me in my duties in the work-study program in the Institutional Planning and Advancement (IPA) department, USIU.
  • My awesome lecturers (Robi Koki, Nancy Booker, Joe Kadhi, Sylvester Mutua, Isaiah Cherutich, James Oranga, Dr. Kioko Ireri, Joseph Nyanoti and Francis Chishimba), I cannot forget to acknowledge you for being a very vital part of this journey 🙂 Thank you for generously sharing your wisdom 🙂
  • Martha Njuguna-I cannot forget how you really encouraged me. Stood with me through it all and believed in me. I will forever be grateful for the gift of you in my life 🙂
  • My sisters from other mothers, what could I do without you? Rose, Irene, Eunice, Mercy, Dee, Bettie, Lucy, Joan and Liz. You girls are just the best. When people look for the meaning of true friendship, let them always find you for you define it all 🙂 These girls have walked with me through it all.

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

  • As much as God took away my mummy (mum, I made it 🙂 smile for me from heaven 🙂 ), He gave me many more mums 🙂

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

  • To every other person who supported me, prayed for me, or encouraged me in any way, God knows you by name. May He bless you abundantly and enlarge your territory.

PHOTOS/Cleopas Kavita

This is not the end of the journey. I can hear the sound of greater things beckoning and I am reaching out to them. I am not going to settle for less because I am ordained for greatness. With God, who makes all things possible, the sky is certainly not the limit for me 🙂

PHOTOS/USIU Yearbook Committee, Cleopas Kavita, Gee Kei Productions

Journalism class of 2014 and all the other graduates, I wish you the very best 🙂 Time to move on to the next chapter 🙂

Part of the journalism class of 2014 during rehearsals

Part of the journalism class of 2014 during rehearsals. PHOTO/Gee Kei Productions

Part of the journalism class of 2014 during rehearsals

Part of the journalism class of 2014 during rehearsals. PHOTO/Gee Kei Productions



Today I celebrate a Woman,

A legend, A remarkable woman, A hero to many souls.

A very selfless woman, who gave without expecting anything.

A woman with a very stupendous personality.

Today I celebrate a Legend,

A legend with a big heart…

A heart that accumulated the whole world for free,

And realized the true gift of charity.

Today I celebrate a Legend,

An indelible, Indelible legend,

One that was ever smiling, even on rainy days.

Being strong even in her weakest moments.

Today I celebrate a Woman,

A woman who was empowered,

Who knew what waking up before dusk meant,

And enjoyed reaping from the toil of her hands.

Today I celebrate a Legend,

One whose sense of humour would touch everyone’s ribs,

And her love for all, would save a breaking tower.

Boundless love was her greatest companion.

Today I celebrate a Legend,

One whose determination knew no barrier,

And her optimism would flow across the darkest pits.

Always living life large while it lasted.

Today I looked  through her photos,

Photos that told tales of a Hero, a Mentor, an Achiever…

Photos that evoked invaluable memories to be  reminisced,

And told of a life that made a difference.

And today as I celebrate two years anniversary of a  Legend,

I can only pray that you rest in peace Dearest Grandma.